Re: Alternator squeal..and the V belt isn't too tight

Shawn Meeze wrote:

 Im afraid the only repair is to have the
alternator rebuilt (Just tell them to replace the bearings, should cost
less than a complete rebuild OR buy a new one from your local parts
store. Shop around, some of them are offering lifetime warranties on
ridiculous stuff so it makes it worth it to buy it from the lame parts
stores.

Me:

Well, I  took the alternator to get checked and the puppy is putting out 14.5 volts, so I don't think I am going to get a new one.  I'll look into how much it will cost to get the bearings replaced.

Victor