Re: [mk1][alternator][bracket][non-ac][help]

Andre,

FWIW, I posted this last September: (this was for my 1982, but 1982
Sciroccos used the same brackets as the earlier models):

In addition to the below items, I forgot to mention that you'll need a
NO
A/C alternator belt (duh?)

One little surprise, I discovered that I must drill a hole in the inner
timing belt cover (the one next to the cylinder head) to accomodate the
alternator bolt - no biggee.

My car lost 45 lbs last nite (what a diet!) - I weighed the compressor
and all those iron brackets - yippeee!

Tonight, I finish the job.

I got the alt. brackets (bolt to block) and the adjuster off a Rabbit
(no
a/c)
I got the alt. pulley off the same.
I got the crank pulley off the same.
I ordered a non a/c waterpump pulley from Potterman for a 30mm WP hub
(the rabbit had a 40mm hub).

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco