Alternator squeel..and the V belt isn't too tight

Like the title says, my alternator is squeeling.  When I first replaced the my V belt a couple of months ago I think I put the belt on too tight, which caused the alternator to squeel, but I have since remedied the problem.

The problem is that the laternator won't stop squeeling.  Is it due to the cold weather?  Did I do something irreperable to the alternator and the squeeling is announcing its impending doom?  Or could it just be a matter of greasing the bearings?  I am thinking about doing that and seeing if it takes care of the problem.

Any insight?

Victor J. Farren
Research & Reference Services
PPC/CDIE/DI/RRS