cams shrick 260 vs autotech

Hi all
I am just writing to share / find out specs on some cams.  I am still
waiting to make that big decision....

I called autotech to get some specs on their cams.
Inlet					Exhaust
10.2mm lift			10.9 mm lift
252 deg duration			264 deg duration

how does this compare with others.  of course they didn't give me the
more meaningful .005 numbers.....
also why is the exhust cam more radical than the intake??  The only
cars that I can think of that do this are turbo because of the air
being forced in.....
another downside (sort of ) is that they are carb legal.  would any
real sport cam be able to pass emissions??
The reason I am asking all these questions is because some friends of
mine have started a shop and have a wholesale account with autotech.
I can get these cams for less than 1/2 what shricks are.   I know
deep  down that I should just get it over with and get the shricks
but part of me is looking for that cheap date.
Tony
any one in ne looking to put in cams??????  let me know I'd like to
g-pro before and after... and would be willing to help with the
install.  let me know.