Re: Fwd: Euro distributor / 10.5:1 Will i need a knock sensor?

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 15:38:10 PST "Mark Peele" <scirocco_s@hotmail.com>
writes:
>>If i have a euro distributor on a engine with 10.5:1 compression i
>wont need a knock sensor right?
>>
>>Matt
>>84 8v
>
>You will need to run 92 or 93 octane and you may need to retard the
>ignition as well (to avoid pinging).
>

>Mark Peele

You need a knock sensor. Whats the point of having 10.5-1 compression so
you can only retard the shit out of it so it wont ping?

OR, run 100+ av gas. The last time I checked it was only $3.67 a gallon.
(It was a while ago.)

Knock sensor is your best route.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and