Re: Stalling Question

At 06:25 PM 2/2/99 +0005, Robert Luhrs wrote:
>Quick question:
>	Ok, I have an 86 8 valve completely (as far as i know)
>stock and here is my question: randomly my car has been stalling.
>When i start it when cold(i live in mass, so it's cold up here, no, not
>as cold as the canada folk) it idles at about 1200 rpm. When it
>finally warms up it idles at 500 rpm. the idle rate does not change
>even when i have the defroster/headlights ect on.  as long as i m
>driving it is fine, but the moment i step on the clutch at say, an
>intersection, the car randomly stalls. It always starts again(with
>some help from the gas pedal) but none the less it stalls. Any
>ideas?
>any questions that would aid in answering this question i will be
>happy to answer, thanks again!
>Rob Luhrs

Well this probably isn't going to fix the problem, but your warm idle is
way too low.  It should be at 900, + or - 50 rpm.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)