RE: Fuel Air Mixture Adjustment Question (long)

>	OK I just got a Air/Fuel Gauge for my 16v out of concern. I plan on
>installing this tomorrow or later in the week . Now I'm not sure what I
>should
>leave the settings.
> Should I leave it lean 15.4:1 or around 14.9:1 or 14.4:1 or should I leave
>it
>a little rich at 13.8:1 . . ? Now I know if I leave it lean I'll grab some
>fuel economy but I don't really care about fuel economy. . and I know leaving
>it rich will give me some power.

is this just a meter to measure the A/F ratio or does it actually do
something to change it?  if it just measures it, manually changing the
mixture will be compensated by the O2 sensor.  you richen the mixture,
it senses this and adjusts the mixture accordingly.  it can only be
adjusted in open-loop operation.  unless this thing has some capability
of telling the FI what to do...

>	Ah and where do I drill in my mass air flow sensor to get to my adjustment
>knob allen key thing

looking down from the top, it's between the base of the intake boot and
the other part that sticks up (forgot the name for it...).  careful when
you drill that you don't pop the bit  through.  get almost through it,
blow all the shavings away, then use a pointed hard something to pop a
hole through or try to pull the plug out the top.  if you get stuff in
there, you'll have to clean it out or you'll suck the shavings inside
your engine.

>     FUEL SYSTEM: is all new but stock (anyone know anything better then the
>boch parts that would yield more power . ? Pumps, injectors filters ect . . .

stock CIS-E injection is good till 170hp.  it automatically compensates
for extra air being sucked in because of mods.  you can't get more power
by squirting more fuel unless you have enough air to burn it.

chris
86 16V scirocco