Re: schrick 268's = torqueless wonder?

Date:          Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:01:32 -0500 (EST)
From:          Rich Deede <rdeed@UDel.Edu>
To:            Chris Coracini <Coracin@usdl.com>
Cc:            "'scirocco-l@scirocco.org'" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject:       Re: schrick 268's = torqueless wonder?

You said that you were confused about the timing on the adjustable
geear????  I am not sure what you had a question on but cam timing is
every thing.  I put my cam on my 8v and was 1 or 2 teeth off.  the
car started hard ran hot had no torque ( and I mean no torque I had
to dump it at 3k in the driveway first thing in the morning) the
header glowed.  It ran sweet from 5k to 7k never running out of
breath.  After I fixed the timing It idled much smoother but still
not factory.  It had much more torque and it ran cooler.  so check
that timing again or don't and sell those cams to me!!!
Tony

I think part of it may be that you are running these cams on the 1.8L
engine.  I think to run these cams you really need to have a 2.0l.  But
thats what i have heard and it could be due to soemthing else.

Rich Deede
University Of Delaware (Communications)
1987 Scirocco 16v