Re: steering wheel vib at 70mph??

Rich,

It probably is a blance/alignment problem. Also make sure your wheels
are hub centric. That is they a centered on the stub axle hub. The
rims either have this built in or use a ring that goes between your
wheel and hub. I had a simmilar problem and the rings fixed it.

Hope this helps

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4

---Rich Zuk <emt@imcnyc.com> wrote:

> 88 16V     before I begin, I just have new suspension put in all
around, and did not get an alignment yet b/c it drives straight..
> BUT...as I hit 70mph, there's a weird vibration sensation that feels
like it's coming from the center of the steering wheel.  Most
noticable at 70-85 mph.  It almost feels if I turn the wheel a bit to
the left it's more noticable versus turning to the right.