[tech] Steering rack

Hey kids...

While the head is out of the uGLi, I'm finally gonna put my urethane
steering bushings in. The pass side looks easy, but the driver side....
does the rear motor mount have to come out to get to the bracket?

And... How do I disconnect the tie rods so I can replace the steering
rack boots?  Should I pop them off the tie rod ends or from the rack
itself.  I haven't looked at it yet, but the Bentley makes it confusing.
Is it easier done than said?

lastly,  I might as well do the shifter bushings while I'm down there.
Who has the URL for the 'make-it-yerself-short-shift-kit'?

thanks!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus