Re: Remote starter with a manual shift trans?

> I seem to recall the reason for these turds was all about EPA
> mileage
> ratings.  By shifting when the light says to, fuel mileage is
> optimized,
> and the EPA let them claim said mileage.. something to that effect.
> At
> least they're less annoying than 85 mph speedometers!

I've seen them in alot of european cars, which is why I figured they
liked them.  But don't underestimate the speed-reducing value of the 85
mph speedometer.  I have come across so many people in the past who
assume that the car's top speed is what the speedo goes to.  (Posche even
built the 911 SC "Weissach" for a year or two back in the late 70's or
early 80's which had the 85 mph speedo.  The logic was the slower speedo
will slow people down.)  I guess we should all stop wasting our time with
exhaust mods, cams, and 2.0 16V conversions (with and without the 1.8
head) because the best way to make our cars go faster is to install one
of those 140 mph speedos...  ;-)

Have a wonderful new year!

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")