Re: 16V Adjustable Cam Sprockets

<x-flowed>>I would like get the lists info on the practicality of these. Such as is the
>power band noticably changed? How easy are they to adjust, I would like to
>know since I will be autcrossing the car when the 1.8 dies or the 2.0 goes in
>and was thinking about adjusting it at the track. Any chance they may have a
>fatal failure? Brands (I know Kent)?
>The problem that I have right now with the 1.8 and euro cam is the damn thing
>smacks the rev limiter in every gear but 4th and 5th, I was hoping to move
>some of the power a little lower. Some people said the euro cam hurt the low
>end but I feel the car has a little more down low than before (albeit a 16V
>so its not much to start with). Thanks guys.....
>

>Shannon

Yes, moving the sprocket around noticably changes the powerband.  It is
a bit of a pain to adjust, not only the sprocket, but because changing
the cam timing changes the ignition timing also.  I am pretty sure that
the adjustable gears are not legal in SCCA sanctioned autocross events.
Techtonics also makes an adjustable 16v cam gear, EM Sport will also
make one up for you.

And finally, as we've discussed many times before, the 1.8 16v has
more torque 'down low' then the 1.8 8v.  Dyno proven, stock-2-stock.
Everytime.  Everywhere.  This is quite a myth, probably keeps on going
because the 16v is usually so strong up top, that it just feels
weak lower in the rpm.  I do understand how you feel though.

==Brett