Re: 2L Conversion Completed, Today!

Jason wrote:

> I have been considering doing this myself, Is there REALLY a
> difference...What is your 0-60 time, what is your top speed ? very basic
> questions....

I'll throw in my 2c... my car has a 2.0 bottom end and head, with the
original CIS-E from the 1.8.  I have never driven a 1.8-equipped 'roc (!)
but have driven a 1.8 16V GTI for comparison purposes.  There is a HUGE
difference, most notably in the low end.  My car has all kinds of grunt
down low, it pulls like a mofo from 2k and even below.  The 1.8 has to get
wound up considerably further before it starts making power.

I have drag-raced my neighbor in his Integra Type R a couple of times,
and was dead even with him to about 60 mph, at which time I shut it down.
I'm sure he would have smoked me from there, but I was still impressed
that I was able to hang with him that long.

I've never clocked my car but really need to!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0