Re: Cleaning rusted parts LONG

Sal,
I'm in the middle of a similar conversion, and a while ago,
after using liberal amounts of a very toxic parts cleaner in
a huge bowl, without gloves, I learned what burning was all about
so I then wore gloves and went slowly.
I've called around to a few places that provide sandblasting and
priming, but havent gone thru with anything because Im slow and
they're too expensive (OK, so I want just 'finish' up the rest of
my front rotors). A few layers of duct tape, blast, clean, prime,
powdercoat, whathaveyou. Many places will 'clean' the parts for you.
[BTW, some time ago I posted about removing or moving pistons around
in their calipers- as to the reaction of the pistons and found out it
is hydrostatic; the liquid's resilence.] Related to this
Ive got money to burn so now I'm researching rotors,
pads,lines + MC. My MC has been on the fritz for about 6 months now,
so braking has developed into an art form. That'll prolly come
from Mark@AAB. The consensus on fluid seems to be SuperBlue.
Where rust is concerned, unless its barely there, if its deep and cragly
get new parts - or good used parts.
-Paul
'84 16v 9.4" x4