Re: Who wants 11" brakes?

"Mark Christiansen (EM precision)" wrote:

> there is also a dual caliper kit available in order to use
> the 10.1 rotors to a better capacity.

There is a "dual caliper" kit? Or, do you really mean a "dual *piston* caliper"
kit? I figure that you meant the latter. Anyway, who makes this animal? I'm with
all the way as far as keeping to a 10.1 rotor. However, the calipers themselves
could be lighter and more rigid than stock And two pistons would reduce pad
float. This'd do wonders for brake feel, ride comfort, as well as handling.
Woohoo!

I've looked into rigging a kit for use with some Wilwood Dynalite jobbies but
don't want the trouble of rebuilding racing brakes every season. Whatcha got up
your sleeve there, Mark?

(Scott climbs up onto his soapbox and preaches:)
Lighter is better. Unsprung weight is the enemy. Minimize rotating mass -14"
rims are what God intended for the A1 chassis!

Amen
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut