Re: custom front end

<x-flowed>>ETR"  (I love that). whell, you know how it has a
>golf bumper and front end?, I thought this looked
>very cool,  I was wondering if something like that
>would fit on my Mk1, I am shure there would be
>some mods needed but I hope not too much, either
>way, what would fit ?  I think a newer model front
>clip would realy make it stand out  and confuse
>people even more on what kind of car it is. if
>there is something that would fit then it will
>probably go on my next Mk1, for I have already

If you really want my opinion then read on... I think the golf front bumper
really works on that car. In fact, I think it could only work with Mk2s. The
styling on the Mk1 is very simple and sleek. Putting a big busy bumper on a
Mk1 would make the car look silly. Imagine a bumper like that on a Rabbit.
The same goes with the Corrado. The Corrado is designed so classy that any
additional body kits would make it look lopsided.

I think nice add ons for a Mk1 cosmetic-wise would be euro-bumpers
(definately!), or maybe less busy bumpers off an Audi 4000, or a Corrado, or
perhaps an A3 if it would fit.

Then again, I was never one for big gaudy body kits. I like more subtle
looks.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon