Wiring Harness to Radiator

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hi all,

	So the new water pump is in and I'm putting on the new, lower temp, thermo
switch prior to reinstalling everything when I notice just how screwed one
of the wires to my wiring harness is.  The casing is all cracked and the
wires are turning green.  Specifically, this is the wiring that connects the
radiator fan to the radiator thermo switch to the relay.  I've called two
different dealers who tell me I need to purchase an entire wiring harness
(yeah, right).  I've dropped a line to the Potterpeople and they'll get back
to me tomorrow to see what they can find.  I'm not hopeful.  So, first off,
does anyone have a spare lying around that they're willing to sell?  I'm in
So. Cal and would be willing to drive to get it.  Second, is this wiring
group unique to the 16V, the Scirocco, or all MkI VWs?  In case I have to
head off to the pick-a-part, I'll need to know.  I'd prefer not to splice my
own, but if I have to...

TIA.

-Brad
'86.5 Scirocco 16V