Re: ND show WAS: Re: CINCY - The dates?

--- Shawn C Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:07:02 -0800 (PST) Daun Yeagley
> <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
> writes:
>
> >I'll definatly have my list shirt.  (I need to go to
> >Shawn's sight to order another one actually!)
>

> I plan on bringing some with me to the show. FYI.

Cool.  I could definatly use another one.

> >Question for the Southern Cali group:  Anybody got room
> for
> >an extra person (or two, right Jim?) to squeeze in to
> ride
> >up the coast?  It'd be killer to fly into LA and ride
> with
> >you folks...
>

> Im contemplating getting the 81 running to where I  can
> register it and
> make it street legal. (Makes working on it a little
> easier if I need to
> move it.) If this happens you guys are more than welcome
> to drive it. The
> problem is, I wont know til about march if it will be a
> running/registered car or not so this probably wont help
> you.

You're right, it won't help.  :)

I really appreciate all the volunteering of a rocco to
drive  up while out there.  The only slight problem with
this would be I (we) intend to stay in San Jose a couple
days after the show to visit my cousin and do a little
sightseeing, so would not be going back to LA right away,
if at all.  (If I can swing a cheap enough flight, I'll
just head home from San Fran / San Jose.)  Sooo...  the
easiest thing might be to just ride along with someone, or
simply forgo the LA portion and fly into SF.  I know Jim
would require a front seat, but I can usually fit in the
back of a 'roc with little trouble.  (Yes, I'm that small!)
 Any more thoughts?

And - any of you westerners gonna head east for Cincy???

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry