My car won't start

Hi,

My car has just stayed at the bank while I had an exhilerating walk home.
:(  The symptoms are as follows: the car cranks fine, up to the point
where the engine is about to start and then dies.  I've no clue as to
what is going on.  The battery seems like it's probably ok, as does the
starter (since it cranks).  Alternator?  I have been having an
intermittant electrical problem in the dash recently and I just had a CD
player installed.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  The car in
question is an 82.

-Timothy A. Reed, Esq.
t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the
Lord.
Romans 12:11