Re: VW Tuner: duh-I live in Michigan (non-roc, V-8)

>Seriously, what do you mean with the '85 Yota vs. chevy power?  I've got two
>Toyota's with Chevy V8's in them, and can't help but wonder if you have
>something similar?

>John

No V-8s for me.  I am out of high school now, but what i mean by "v. Chevy
Power" is this:  Chevy boys gave me hell for being a VW / Toyota fan.  At
least until I put my roc on the chasis dyno, something the Chevy owners never
did with their cars...  But there was a deffinite battle between names.  I am
not a rabid chevy hater, nor ford hater etc..  but in Lansing (debated car
capitol of the world, and all GM)  there is a definite bias to forign cars
(especially fast ones).  I have been forced into bias!  People in this town
usually don't own VW's Toyotas and Chevy's all at the same time!

As for V-8s in Yota Trucks, that is probably the only way a Toyota can ever
be a serious monster truck or off-roader.  Although they are almost
un-stoppable with the 2.2R engine, they lack the spunk most people want.  So
keep up the good work!  I admire people who make good fast vehicles.  I get
annoyed when people sneer at me, or key my car (not even knowing who I am)
for being German.  Interesting enough, half the people in autoshop thought my
car was Japanese.  I don't know of one who's father didn't work the line at
GM.  talk about propaganda.  People around here get real sensitive when a
forign vehicle might be a tad superior.  Chevy has makes some tough trucks,
but they also make some real shit.  I can't help it to point out sometimes,
that the door doesn't fit on a new chevy, or the paint comeing off in sheets
on 3 year old cars, or weather stripping that isn't even long enough, engines
that still have push rods etc...  I guarantee that when GM was trying to make
a front drive car, they had a Rabbit and a Rocco de-engineered.  They didn't
succed until recently (i.e. the x-cars of early 80s, remeber the Olds Omega,
Chevy X-11).

That was too long huh?  but there is a lot to be said
Ben Smith
84 8v
85 Yota truck