Re: Parts Upgrades...

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I remember when the Golf 16v first came out in the U.K.  Some of the testers
were disappointed with it, as, though it had more outright power, it was
down on low rev torque and flexibility over the 8v.  To some extent I can
speak from personal experience.  I use to own a UK A1 Golf 8v GTI (ten years
ago) and I now own a 16V 'Rocco.  I don't think that the Rocco has nearly
the kick around town that the Golf did, without changing down, though it's
faster on the highway.  Of course the Golf was to European spec, while the
rocco is American spec, and I believe the rocco is a fair bit heavier than
the first golf.

Wayne C.