Re: Autotech Products

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:44:57 -0800 Nathan Malone <nmalone@sumagroup.com>
writes:
>-snip-
>but lately there have been a few posts that down
>talked their products, I am just wondering what
>products people have had problems with and why so
>that I may stay away from them, and what the
>general opinion is on their product quality. I
>like the stuff I already have but if you guys say
>their stuff is crap I'll stay away.

Most of their stuff is fine. The only thing I know for fact that they
sell that is junk is the front swayabar. The bar is fine actually. The
hardware for it is crap. The brackets break, will break, have broken on
alot of people I know. (Including on this list.)
Even then its not such a big deal because somebody out there does make a
bracket that is capable of standing up to the stresses. The problem I
have with Autoshit, errr uhh, I mean Autotech is, they absolutely suck
when it comes down to customer service.

Not to mention that when I "had to have a certain part RIGHT NOW", I
called to see if they had the part in stock, they did and it would be
$59. I drive the 70 miles to get there and suddenly the price was $69.
WTF? Haven't used them since. I can get EVERYTHING I need (99.9% of the
time.) from Potterman. Definitely cheaper and I don't have to drive 70
miles. Oh and if he screws something up, he more than makes up for it.
Unlike Autoshit.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and