Re: Scirocco Engine Swaps

Right on Ben, That engine will just plop into your car with little or no
changes, and I believe that is a good price too, as long as they don't want too
much for the core charge, unless you have a 2.0 long block sittin around. The
reason I like that engine is that it has more displacement and stock horses to
play with, and as a 8v you will save alot of money on any repairs and or mods
you will do on the head in the future, besides the 8v has more of a torque band
for those quick whiplash takeoffs, Yes it is tru the 16v's do alot better in top
end, but just as a personal opinion I would rather be quick than fast. I love
being able to take off like a sling shot and be half a football fields length
away before the guy next to me realizes the light turned green. In the future
when my little 1.8 desides it needs to be rebuilt, I want to put it in something
else and get me a 2.0 8v for my Mk1. Then I will seriously rip it up.

Good luck on the swap,
Nathan