Re: gauge problems

It sounds more like you have either a sensor problem,
or a gauge problem - not the circuit board.
These boards are readily available in junkyards.  Find
one with the same setup as yours (same tach rpm & mph)
and grab it.  You can tell if the circuit board is bad
by flipping it over and looking for holes in it.  If
there is no physical damage to the board, then it is
def. the gauge or sensor.

mark

--- Timothy A Reed <t.a.reed.esq@juno.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:07:43 -0600 "Phil Miron"
> <mironp@autobahn.mb.ca>
> writes:
>
> >I have the exact problem in my '84 8v - some times
> the tach/temp/fuel
> guage
> >works then the tach will just die all of the
> sudden. When my tach dies,
> >noticed that the MFC l/100km slowly goes down to
> zero (great mileage!!
> >hehe). Could be just a loose connection, but I
> haven't even checked it
> out
> >yet.
>
> My problem is actually a bit different.  The fuel
> gauge and the temp
> gauge will drop to the bottom of the physical area
> (i.e. the temp gauge
> will read extreme cold, and the fuel gauge will read
> empty), while the
> tach jumps around wherever it feels like.
>
> -Timothy A. Reed, Esq.
> t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
> Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual
> fervor, serving the
> Lord.
> Romans 12:11

> http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.