more electrical/running problems {help please!}

<x-charset iso-8859-1>
ok,
for some reason, I never saw my post make it to the list.
So, for a quick recap:

the zender roc ('86) died the other night while coming to a stop.
First the dash lights flickered and turned off, and then the car died.
It would crank over, but would not fire, and the dash lights still would
not come back on.  The headlights/radio/parking lights all still worked.
After about 2 minutes, the car started as if nothing happened, and the
dash lights came back on.
What would cause both the dash lights and the car not to start at
the same time?  These two circuits are completely independant, right?

And then last night on the way home from work it died three more
times on the freeway, but each time I was able to restart it while
still on the move.

So, last night I pulled the fusebox down to look for shorts, and two of the
main hot wires going into the back of the fuse box were a bit on the
crispy side.  Could this be a part of the problem or a result of the
problem?
Is the fusebox from a '87 16v the same as a '86 8v?
Does anyone out there have a spare fusebox in good condition?

either way, I'm REALLY lost and open to suggestions.

btw, I really don't think it would be the ignition switch since
the headlights stay on, but you never know.....

Alex Ting
Account Manager
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
575 Menlo Dr. #4
Rocklin, CA  95765

Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.630.2001
Fax:  916.630.2000
email:  alext@nu2u.net
icq #19613213