RE: battery drain myths and old ladys tales!

<x-flowed>Being an owner of primarily A1's I can state for a fact that if the light is
not hooked up then the alternator will not get the exciter signal from the
dash lights. One way to correct this I have found is to start the car and
then put a test light between the "hot" terminal of the alternator and the
other end on the terminal that has the blue wire coming from it.

All that said; I have seen cars in which the battery light does not come on
whne the key is in the "run" position. Then  you start the car and it still
charges the battery. Maybe some sort of wiring feedback similar to the
thread about the acc/headlight thing.

Oh and is anyone cares the time when I experienced this problem was when I
was driving my '80 Rabbit without a cluster in it.

HTH

>From: "Shannon Fenton" <sfenton@amazon.com>
>To: <rts@nol.net>, <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: RE: battery drain myths and old ladys tales!
>Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:56:11 -0800
>
>I believe this is a characteristic of the MKII only...so you MKI wouldnt be
>affected.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco