Re: ATT: Ohio Listees

<x-flowed>
>From: Night Shadow <soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu>
>
>I didn't think this car ran?
>
>Eric

There is the double-edged sword.
The car doesn't run right now. It was taken off the road, in fine working
condition, to paint it. He drained the float bowl on the carb and at some
point stole the coil to use on his 60's bug. The tires are also very old.
I'll be changing the oil, installing the coil off my bug, putting the uGLi's
battery in it, swapping on the uGLi's street tires, and quite possibly
bringing a new set of plugs. The winsheild is going in, even if its just
temporary with a winsheild seal from a superbeetle (possibly cut) if I can't
get a new one in time.
My friend is an industrial welder, so I took the front bumper off the uGLi
(the actual metal bumper, not the cabrio bumper cover) and gave it to him so
he could adapt a 'lower bar' to the bumper so I can use my beetle tow-bar
with it. This will be a last resort type-of-thing, as I don't have anything
accessable to me that can really tow. I'm sure that dragging a S1 through
the hills of western PA would toast a tranny in no time flat.

Ive aready weighed the options. I am FLAT broke right now, and I cannot
afford to rent a truck or tow dolly. All that I have is some time on
Saturday morning to fix it, then drive it back in time for a family
reunion/get-together on Sunday. Kinda sick-- work 8 hours,drive 8 hours, fix
a car for 6 hours, drive it back 8 hours!

I've started beetles that have been sitting for 14 years, then drove them
home using a similar method. This one is just REALLY far from my house!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com -- Finally Updated!
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop
84 Jetta uGLi doorstop
75 S1 --after the banzai run to pick it up