Re: PROBLEMS!!!!

HotSpot15@aol.com wrote:

> well heres the problem..I was gettin ready to take my fr home in my 84 8v
> scirocco and Im backingup and smoke just starts comin outa the dash soo i
> frreak out and flip the car offand it slowly stops well I found out the
> dimmer switch had shorted out and theres only one wire thats burntbut now I
> dont have dash lights or running lights I have head lights thosoo what should
> I do??
>
> thanx,
>             D beebe

New wire.
New switch.
Time to add in relayed power so as to avoid this in the future.

You can run power from the battery to the big side of 30 amp relay(s)
and then onto the lights. The trigger side of the relay(s) will be
connected to the currently burnt wire/switch, once you replace the
crispy parts.

hth,
TBerk