Re: front wheel bearing question

Mine are trashed too and I'm getting ready to do this over christmas.  I
think the bearings run from $20-25 each.  I think I'm going to take off the
whole upright because i dont have "the tool" and its $120 for it.  I would
like to know if anyone has done the job this way and how hard is it?  Do i
need the tie rod splitter tool?
Otherwise it seems easy, two bolts on strut, lower control arm ball joint,
drive shaft, brake caliper, and tie rod.  The only part I dont know how to
do is the tie rod.  Anybody have any info on this?
Oh yea, you will need an alignment if you do it this way.

Eric Person
86.5 16v