Re: Full Throttle Switch

Okay, it clicks.  Now what?  When the car is idling and I "make it
click"(for lack of a better term), nothing happens.  On my rocco, you can
hear the difference the switch makes.  So now what do I look at. I've been
following diagrams and they reveal that the switch hooks up to the O2
sensor unit.  Can that be faulty and causing all my problems?

Sal

At 05:34 PM 09/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>From: Veedub <jewing@sprint.ca>
>
>> Car: 84 Gti
>>
>> My full throttle switch is not being actuated.  Where does it hook up to.
>> How can I check to see if it's the switch or the box.  TIA!
>>
>> Sal
>
>There is two wires that connect to the switch.  Test it with an ohm
>meter, or just listen for the 'click'.  Usually if they still click they
>still work.  What the switch does is trigger fuel enrichment (via the
>cold-start injector) at WOT.
>
>Jay
>
>+======================================================================+
>|  jewing(at)sprint(dot)ca     |     http://kozmik.guelph.on.ca/jason/ |
>+======================================================================+

>    GRAB THE GATOR! FREE SOFTWARE DOES ALL THE TYPING FOR YOU!
>Tired of filling out forms and remembering passwords? Gator fills in
>forms and passwords with just one click! Comes with $50 in free coupons!

>or use the URL below:
>http://www.onelist.com/community/VWoT
>VWoT (VWs of Toronto) Club
> http://www.lunaticfringe.org/vwot/