Re: Removing a/c

HuMpnYoMoM@aol.com wrote:

> I have a '86 Scirocco 16v and I am thinking about taking the a/c out. It
> doesn't really work and I could save some weight. Is the a/c hard to take
> out? Is there anything special I have to do or plug when I take it out?
>
> Justin
> '86 Scirocco16v 2.0L

Two things to consider;

1. Discharging the Freon into the atmosphere is a no-no. Get it drained
at a shop.

2. Look at how your belts line up, you may need to change a pulley on
the waterpump in order to get the crank, pump, and alt to line up. Since
this is not always the case you will need to see for yourself.

hth,
TBerk