Car won't start...sometimes

My car wouldn't start a few days ago, so I had it towed to the shop. They
replaced the distributor because it was leaking and screwwed up the hall
sensor. I picked the car up Wednsday afternoon. It worked fine the that night
and all of Thursday, but when I went to start it up Friday morning it
wouldn't. It would crank fine, but it just wouldn't turn over and run. So I
had it towed back to the shop Friday evening. On Saturday they pushed my car
into the shop hooked a battery charger up to it, because I drained the
battery trying to start it, and it started right up. What could this be?
Could it be the cold start valve, because it was real cold on Friday morning?
But it was also cold on Thursday morning and it started. Someone help!!!!!

Justin
'86 Scirocco 16v 2.0L