Re: Removing house paint from car

<x-charset iso-8859-1>   There's a product called Goof Off. It removes dried latex paint. I don't
know if it would damage the car's finish though.
   Gerry

Subject: Re: Removing house paint from car

   Brad Sterling wrote:

   Hi all, I need some help with my 'Roc.  My GF just side swiped the garage
and put a heavy layer of white paint on the rear fender flare.  The good
news is there
are no dents on the car.  The bad news is I'm sure it's scratched (can't
tell, the paint is that thick).  Any good ways of removing the garage's
white paint from the flare without ruining the car's black paint underneath?
Thanks in advance.
 -Brad

Before grinding anything into the paint from the outer layers consider
asking paint experts about something that will soften the house paint but
not affect the car paint. They should be based on different types of paint.
I'd think that if it was _that_ thick then you may want to consider heat
like from a heat gun and something soft but stiff (no jokes!), like a
popsicle stick to scrape a bunch off 1st. Having a good layer of wax on the
car prior to the injury will help with this.
  TBerk