Re: Dos Sciroccos!

--- Bradley Peet <btpeet@effervescent.com> wrote:
> Oh man... I'm just a Scirocco buyin' fool now.  Even
> though I had to borrow
> a few bucks from my sister to swing it, I went and bought
> a white 1988
> Scirocco 16V today.  Second owner and, by all
> appearances, pretty well
> maintained.  Pretty clean thanks to being a Northwest car
> - i.e., no
> corroded brackets or rust bubbles or anything under the
> hood or anywhere
> else.  Also sporting a TT downpipe, overglorified
> resonator for a muffler,
> and ugly DTM style tips.  More importantly, it's got
> fresh Bilstien strut
> inserts at all four corners.  Steering feels great and it
> tracks perfectly
> straight: no wandering or drifting either under full
> throttle or hard
> braking.
>
> Just thought I'd share the news.  Part of the "recovery
> process" you know.
> I'll post pics some time later this week of both the Mk1
> and the new 16V.
>
> -Bradley
> R.I.P.: '86 Scirocco 16V 2.0 "T"
> DAILY DRIVER: '81 Scirocco S
> NEWEST RIDE: Alpine White 1988 Scirocco 16V
> http://dns.effervescent.com/vw/

Woo hoo!!!

I saw one for sale up in your neck of the woods on the
internet somewhere that sounds just like it - maybe it was
the same car?

Alpine White is my favorite color on a 16v - anxious to see
the pics!

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry