RE: Euro lights n stuff!

Gary Huff wrote:
>List,
>	I need part #'s on the relays used for the eurolight setup detailed
>on scirocco.org. The local auto parts store wont even do anything
>without part #'s for them.

Automotive relays is something that I've never been able to find at the
auto store. But Whenever I go to the junkyard, I always seem to find a
few, so I never need to buy any new ones.

Tip, VW's with 2 speed fans have a relay for the fan's high speed
setting. On scirocco's it's on a bracked on just behind the drivers side
headlight. On A2's it's on the fan housing. These relays are 40Amp,
Bosch. But they have no "tab" for attaching to something. Get the socket
and 3-4" of the wires.

Also, Most Volvo's have relays for their headlights, so you can find them
there.

The prong pattern for Bosch Relays is:

                 |   |
                   -

There should be the following numbers written by the prongs: 30, 85, 86,
87.

Sometimes there is a prong in the center, and this usually in numbered
"87" or "87A", these relays are fine too.

Just put them in your pocket, and pay for your other parts. Beats the
cost at the Parts Store.

I also hear that the 16v radiator hoses are a
>bitch to get and very expensive, is this true? Thanks,

Yes this is true. Specifically, the upper radiator hose. It is because it
is a "dual hose." The skinny little hose to the expansion tank is
grafted on to the upper radiator hose. Very expansive as hoses go.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0 8v