Fw: Speedo

<x-charset iso-8859-1><SNIP>

> I would like to know who has a street legal Scirocco that can obtain a
> legitimate 140+ mph?  If you own such a beast, what are the particulars of
> your car?
>
> Brooke Fairbanks
> Savage, MN

WELL, LET ME TELL YOU!!!!

I have a 77 Rabbit 16v.  Currently, it is a stock 1.8 L with K&N and open
exhaust and I can do 120, maybe a little more.  My speedo is a 100mph speedo
and I wanted to be able to tell how fast I was going without running with
one of my friends on an OPEN (so please no thread on "traffic safety")
freeway.  Now that I am finished with the mods on the car (suspension,
brakes, steering, wheels, etc) I am ready to re-work the motor.  I now have
a 2.0L 16v (which I haven't decided yet whether to bore and stroke it yet)
cams, ported and polished head, port-matched intakes and exhaust, ported and
polished TB, and Yes, a Turbo is in the works (stock compression, 5 - 6 psi
boost).  SO, without further ado, Yes, I believe with a Turbo 2.1L 16v 140 +
is accessible since it will be pulling a 1500-1700lb car at 210 - 225 hp
(maybe more) and an equal amount of torque.  The reason I first asked for a
MK1 speedo is because I have tried to keep everything stock looking and the
MK1 instrument cluster is the same as the Rabbit except it has the Tach.  I
have this instrument cluster in my Rabbit now.  Besides, I have learned the
hard way that it isn't the most intelligent thing in the world to mention
"Rabbit" on a Scirocco list.  The reason I am on this list is because my car
is essentially a scirocco mechanically (Motor, trans, axles, entire wiring
harness (computer, fuse box, etc), lower stress bar, front and rear disc
brakes, booster, master, etc.) and this list has helped a great deal.
Thanks!!

Dave