Re: battery relocation

I did if for the weight distribution.  It does take up some trunk space,
but since I don't have back seats and haul stuff around in my Jetta, I've
got the space to spare.  It really wasn't all that difficult, at least in
my circumstance. I bought the Summit kit for ~ $40 and ran the positive
cable under the carpet along the center tube.  I hooked it through the
center console (sp?) and passed it through the firewall at one of the
holes leftover when I pulled out my AC.  I ran it across the firewall
behind the engine, down the driver's side fender to the space where the
battery used to be.  I avoided the whole rewiring issue by mounting two
battery terminal posts (bought at Trak Auto for a few bucks) to a block
of wood that was bolted to where the battery used to go.  Then I simply
reattached the factory battery cables to the terminals.  The whole
process took about 3 hours, start to finish.

B.

'82 Scirocco (aka "Fritz")
'85 Jetta
GO HOKIES!!!