Re: battery relocation

Summit (www.summitracing.com) and Jegs (www.jegs.com) both have these kits.
I'm sure other places do as well.  They run between 60 and 100 bucks or so.
 They have 20 or so feet of cable and all the hardware you need to hook it
up, sometimes they have a battery box or sometimes just hold-down brackets.
 For the scirocco you might consider a sealed vented battery box, given
that our cars are hatchbacks and batteries tend to give off fumes and
hydrogen gas that you really dont want inside the car.  The Optima battery
is also a good choice for trunk mounting since its sealed.

Eric
86 16v