Ox Sensor mounted Down Under & it's drawback was: fuel problem...

Riley McDowall wrote:

> At 1:57 am -0500 27/11/99, POTATO! wrote:
> >while driving home today, my car just lost power.....up until this point
> >there was no problem whatsoever with the car.......
> >
> >the car can be restarted, and if left alone will idle between
> >300-400rmps.....it will restart and sound fine.....but then will just fade
> >away and stall out.......if i press the gas when it idles, it will stall
>
> Hehehehe, you've got a sprint header, correct?  One of the fabulous
> features of this header is the water/slush/snow gets caked
> onto/into the end of the O2 sensor, which supersprint so
> conveniently located on one of the secondaries pointing
> almost straight down at the ground. I cannot believe the
> engineers who designed this header (almost
> perfectly) could be SO GODDAMNED RETARDED.  Bah!!
>
> Hope that helps...

I hope I included enough previous post to jump off from, pls. remove all
that top stuff if you reply-

I have a long tube 4 into 1 header that came w/ my 81's 1.7L, I have
since used it w/ the '84 GTI 1.8L. (Stock long block as far as I know).

As I plan & scheme on an Audi Two Liter bottom end I look towards
pulling the header off in favor of a (maybe Euro version) Dual Down
pipe & manifold. KISs principle in effect, eh?

All that said I currently have a bottom located Ox2 sensor, one w/ a
single wire. This location, just before the cat, is not up to temp until
far down the road. As this cae leans heavily towards legal smog tests &
daily driver status I'd like to either follow ND's advice and replace
it with a three wire heated sensor (+$$)

My Dual exhaust donor is an early model without a fitting, CAT of choice
at the moment includes one.

Being an A1/Mk1 guy I don't know what to power the O2 from.

tia,
TBerk