RE: Transmission Swap

Michael Atkisson wrote:
>Has anyone attempted to put a cable shifted tranny in
>a A1 chassis.
>Has anyone out there done this???????????

Go here

http://www.sdco-op.com/vsport/page35.html

this is the page for V-Sport parts & accessories, It looks like they have
a kit, that (unfortunately?) is made for the A2/A3 platform. It does not
require the hydraulic clutch conversion, but the only price is for a kit
that includes the tranny for like $1350. I'm sure you can just get the
kit minus the tranny, and then figure out what's needed to adapt the kit
for the A1 platform. The guy there is very helpful.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0