Re: Audi 2L conversion - HELP!

scirocco81@erols.com wrote:

> If anyone out there could tell me more about the 2.0L Audi bubble-block
> to 1.8 head conversion, I would appreciate it as I know someone who
> wants to sell me one.  Thanks in advance!!
>
> Matt Loggans
> Baltimore, MD

Here is a snip of my delayed (dormant) Proto-FAQ on 2.0 Liter swaps.

TBerk wrote:

> Listers,
>
> Follows is a distilled thread concerning everybody's favorite transplant: 2.0L
> into an A1 chassis.
>
> Please append, amend, add, discuss, pontificate, and generally speak to the
> issue. The really interesting part is the list of parts at the bottom.
>
> I thank you- TBerk
>

> [snip]

> ...the only problem is I have to find all the parts.  here is my list so
> far:
>
> 2 L bubble block from audi 80 (engine code 3A)
> reducing gear and adapter for the distributor
> might as well get a new distributor while your at it
> 8 new exhaust manifold bolts and gaskets
> new head gasket and 10 new bolts
> 4-2 exhaust manifold
> 2 pipe downpipe. (needs a cat too on my car)
> and new belts all around.
>   all that stuff is getting pricey so that $650 isn't so low after all.
>
> hope this helps-
>             eric
> Quote Mode OFF:

You might want to add 210mm flywheel, 16v pressure plate, 8v nickel
plated spline
clutch disk, new clutch bolts, input shaft seal, clutch pushrod seal,
new crankshaft
bolts.  Might as well do the clutch while things are apart - always
replace the
tranny seals.  Knock sensor ignition from an A2 donor car (or j&s) also
needs to be
installed.

btw, with a few minor changes you can use the A3 block as well.  My
Cabby has had
both....go with the Audi 80 distributor if you can...that distributor
also works
fine with the eurospec a3 block currently in the car....

Actually consider yourself lucky, I've been doing some body work on my
car lately
and prepping, and believe me prepping and body work puts engine type
stuff to shame
in terms of time spent at least for me....I've been sanding the &*(&(
out of my car
to get everything as flat as possible....

Good luck with the 2.0 swap...

regards,
Peter Tong
'82 2.0 8v Cabby (a3 block/eurospec head - masked, 180'd, and ready for
2nd priming)

'96 Jetta GL