RE: Scirocco Newsletter?

> YES!!!!!!!
>

> I think there's a bunch of us doing 8 -> 16v conversions.  I think if
> we all put our collective wisdom together, that would be a KICK ASS
> tech procedure.  For example:  I got a lot of useful info from Brian
> Honnold on the electrical systems, it remains to be done yet to see
> how well it works.

I'm not going nuts like Brian, I'm keeping it simple with the CIS-E out of
a 16v rocco, intake on the normal side, etc.  I have no problem with
electronics conversions (my 80 rocco is running on complete 84 GTi
injection/computers)....what I've been worrying about lately is if my
Nuespeed top strees bar is still going to fit....not worrying about wiring
in something more complicated like Motronic (not to mention more
expensive).  But this will take me some serious time (working on it in my
spare time, which is very little at the moment), as doing a full body
restoration at the same time....so the engine bay will be nice a clean to
start with.  I figured this would make for a great tech proceedure as I'll
be redoing the wiring in the engine bay completely (including headlights,
etc).

> (Brian - not doubting you - this is just a project that's just a lot
> more than I ever would have attempted on my own.  Thanks to Brett,
> and the rest of the list for all the help  *snif* I love you
> guys.....)

Oh, there are numerous reasons to doubt Mr. Honnold....HAHAHAHAHA

Eric