From: Norm Tallant [mailto:takhisis@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 1999 2:04 PM
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Broken E-Brake!

Take a look at this picture (again courtesy of Kevin Collins):

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/1780/rtb040.jpg

When my girlfriend was driving my car going everywhere to find new shocks
and springs she did a 'lazy' e-brake pull at some point where instead of
pulling straight up, she pulled up and towards her which knocked something
out of alignment.

I was somehow able to get the brake straight again, but now the button
sticks out twice as far as the picture shows (a normal length.)

So I cannot engage my e-brake!  Any suggestions on how to get the darn thing
back in?

All the best,
-Norm