RE: Replacing Engines....

Norm, (and anyone else who's listening)

I picked up my ABA block (2.0l, longrod) from a place in Berkeley that
specializes in engine swaps. The engine I got was left over from a VR6
swap, and when I was there, they had a 1.8T sitting on the floor that
was going into an 87 Cabriolet.

The name of the place is:

Berkeley Auto Service
2808 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA, 94702
Ph#  (510)841-2568

Tim is the name of the guy I talked to.

IMHO, the G60 would be "better" as opposed to the VR6. The G60 will fit
better, is cheaper, weighs less (for better weight distribution and
handling) and can be bumped up to closely match the HP of a VR6.

But give BAS a call and ask them

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco