Strut Nuts

Hi guys ,

Quick question ............
I was wondering the easiest way to tighten up the top strut nuts .....
I traced a rattling noise to the suspension as there is about 3 to 4 mm of play on the strut when i jack up the car

Oddly enough both sides are the same...........
I  have had the new suspension on for a while now and i am furious with the garage that fitted them as i paid a little over the going rate to have a good job done and get the cambre etc set up properly.........

Can someone tell me what the torque for the top nut should be and should there be a slight gap between the rubber of the mounting and the metal plate on the top
sorry about the poor description .............

thanks in advance for any info and help

Scooby    (92 Scala)