RE: Oil Temp again

What kind of gauge do you have? The stock one is (I think) 150 C made by
VDO.

I thought the gauges and senders are designed to work with each other.
Doesn't the sender just basically act like a potentiometer, in that it
varies the resistance, and the low/high are closed/open circuit
respectively (or vice versa?) If so then the a switch set for a max temp
of 150 C on a (for example) 200 C max gauge would indicate the wrong
temp. (at 150 C oil temp, the gauge would get a full signal, and
indicate 200 C)

just a thought,

Jonas
85 Scirocco