Re: Oil Pump ?

>From: kda33volks@rsvlonline.net (Keith Davenport)
>Chris,
>
>You pretty much got the plan down just drop the pan and change it out
>nothing more. I recommend using a diesel oil pump instead of spending the
>money for a high volume one. If this is your choice of upgrade.
>
>Keith 84 Rocco

Thanks keith,
that's just the info I was looking for.
Tell me more about the diesel oil pump swap...
the motor is an 84 1.8 solid lifter JH,
so I suppose an 84 diesel oil pump is the one I want, right?

What is the differences between the oil pumps- the outgoing pressure? The
size of the gears?  I thought they'd all be the same.

Is there a negative to having a higher volume oil pump in there? Too much
pressure can be a bad thing... Ask the bug guys with Melling high-volume
pumps and substandard spin on oil filters--- KABOOM!  eeww...

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop