Any 1985-6's for sale out there???

Hi everyone.

Two months ago my much-cared-for 85 got horribly rear-ended and was
totalled (I am still trying to convince the ins. agency to give me around
2k for it). The car is in excellent operating shape, new clutch,
low-mileage tranny, engine pulling like crazy. Alas, its rearcannot be
fixed.

Considering all the goodies that I can transfer to another 8V (2.25" TT
stainless exhaust, upper/lower stress bars, Neuspeed springs, TurboGas
shocks, X1 kamei kit, six VDO gauges in the center console, blue igniters,
K&N filter, Comp-TA's, leather shift boot, leather handbrake boot, 16V
euro-taillights, Fuba antenna, white-face gauges, hollowed-out cat :-),
etc.) I think it is worth my time to find another 8V to use as a fun daily
driver.

I would rather not get a 16V (more money, and I don't know nearly as much
about it as the 8V, in which I have fixed almost everything), and I would
also like to avoid pre-85 8Vs, since they have the goofy
alternator/compressor setup.

I have been looking at the papers here in the Denver area, and Eric
Soltwedel also pointed me to an 8V for sale, but my experiences have been
HORRIFIC: almost all the cars I have seen are *trashed* (clutch-wise,
interior-wise, leakage-wise), not to mention that the vast majority are
over-heating like there is no tomorrow and I would not want to risk having
to deal with a warped head. Furthermore, the asking prices are outrageous,
I am talking about people asking 2400 for an 86 with chipped paint, clutch
about to go bad, bad AC, cracked interior, etc.). 2-3 owners are asking
for a lot of money because the miles are so darn low (of course, once I
point out that the odometer is stopped, I hear excuses like "Oh! this just
happened last month!", or "Oh! it is only the trip odometer, the other one
works!").

At this point I am praying to find an owner who was at least semi-serious
about the car and buy it, but that seems unlikely.

I have decided that I will even travel to neighboring states to check
out an 85-88 (heck, I will even consider a 16V :-)) if it sounds promising
and does not need too much work.

I would GREATLY appreciate it if you informed me of a 85-88 for sale in
Colorado or in neighboring states that is in decent shape.

Also: 2-3 years ago sombody on the list used to post Scirocco ads for
sale that he somehow collected from the internet. If that guy is still on
the list: please get in touch with me and let me know how you did those
searches.

Any help I can get in finding a straight 85-88 will be great.

Thanks,

Elias