Re: Dallas?

>> question for the list:
>>
>> will the 5spd from my 86 fit in my 78?
>>
>> --Bret
>
>Yep.  You'll need some of the shift linkage to convert from
>4 spd to 5 spd though - and I don't know which pieces.  I
>*think* Dr. Frankenberk may be able to help....

well, I have the enitre car (linkage and all) I drive it every day.  as long
as it will bolt up, I should be ok.....I plan on putting the 4 spd into the
86 (just so whoever buys it can drive it away).........

it already has a 1.8 in it (which BTW seems to have a lot more power than
the 86 did....just the 700 lbs?)......so I should have a decent running
vehicle after the tranny swap.

-bret