Re: Horsepower and torque

--- Brad Sheridan <brads@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 08:01 AM 8/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >For US Sciroccos, there was only one 1.8 8V - the
> 90hp injected JH.
>
>   I think this has been brought up before, but some
> places(Bentley for one)
> refer to the JH as having 94 hp.

I believe U.S. owners manuals list it at 90hp.

Correct me at will (Bentleys do have errors).

In europe, the JH was rated at 95 hp. VW may have used a different
Cam/exhaust on the euro version - this I will check if possible.

> >I am "working" on a motor chart (if I ever get to
> it) for the
> >Scirocco.org that hopefully will answer all
> Scirocco questions . . .
>
>  All scirocco questions? That sounds like a pretty
> big chart to me...

Well, all Scirocco motor "general" questions . . . it won't list the
lift and duration of every cam . . .

> Are you using the engine chart out of European Car,
> the one that was one of
> the 1990 issues?

No, although I have that issue of VWP (i think). . .

 That would be a pretty good
> start...

Thanks!

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM